One Day Wine Tasting Attica & Cape Sounion
On this tour you will have the opportunity to taste some of Greece’s best wines, have a delicious lunch at the seaside and get to know the history of the Temple of Poseidon located at Cape Sounion.
Our guide/chauffeur will pick you up from your accommodation at 09h00. We start our tour with a visit to Papagiannakos estate in Attica, which is one of the oldest wine regions in Greece, and close to Athens. The Papagiannakos family has been growing grapes and making wine in Markopoulos since 1919.
Today, the modern and first bioclimatic winery in Greece is run by the 3rd generation. Winemaker and owner Vassilis Papagiannakos has preserved the vinification of the famous indigenous grape Savatiano. But another white variety, Malagouzia, has become the focus of the winery, creating a wine with particular aromatic character. As for the rosé and red wines, the combination of Agiorgitiko and Cabernet Sauvignon varieties produces quality wines.
- You will taste 9 different wines served with bread rusks and a cheese platter.
- The total duration of the tour is approx. 2½ hours.
- After the wine tasting we will take you to the seaside, to a very pleasant Greek tavern, where you will be able to try Greek traditional dishes.
- After lunch the journey continues to Cape Sounion.
- Cape Sounion is noted as the site of the ancient Greek temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea.
- On the way back you follow the coastal road, the so-called Athenian Riviera, enjoying marvelous views.
- Expected time of arrival in Athens between 5 – 6 pm.
Rates & dates
For this excursion there are 2 options:
|Option 1 – One Day Wine Tasting Attica & Cape Sounion|
|€ 299 per person|
|Option 2 – One Day Wine Tasting Attica & Cape Sounion|
|€ 215 per person|
Our driver will give you information about the site of Cape Sounion during the tour.
However, he is not allowed to guide on the site itself!
Departures: daily except Sundays.