One Day Wine Tour Attica
What better way to spend the day than taking an exciting getaway to one of Attica’s best wineries? Our new destination for a half day guided wine tour is Attica, one of the oldest wine regions in Greece, and close to Athens.
The Papagiannakos family has been growing grapes and making wine in Markopoulos since 1919. In the 1960s, the second generation upgraded the winery and improved the quality of its output. The current, third-generation owner-winemaker, Vassilis Papagiannakos, took over in 1992, and almost immediately began the process of bringing the winery into the 21st century.
The winery has specialized in Savatiano since its founding. Vassilis began playing with the newly resuscitated Malagouzia variety and then red grapes. The facility reflects the ecological sensitivities of the winemaker and owner of the first bioclimatic winery in Greece.
Rates & dates
|One Day Wine Tour Attica|
|€ 189,00 per person|
Due to the constantly changing measures regarding COVID-19, other options and prices may apply.
Departure dates: daily except Sundays.
Please note that:
- the tour is available upon request for you and your private group of 2 persons minimum.
- We can also organize tours for anniversaries and special occasions.
- If you are visiting Athens with a group of friends, colleagues or family e.g. we can offer you this tour as well and the rate will depend on the number of participants.
- Do not hesitate to ask us for a quotation.
- Our guide/chauffeur will pick you up from your accommodation at 09h00.
- During your visit you will have the chance to tour the premises and learn about the production process from harvesting to fermentation and bottling.
- You will taste 7 different wines served with bread rusks and a cheese platter.
- The total duration of the tour is approx. 2½ hours.
- After the wine tasting we will take you to the seaside, to a very pleasant Greek tavern, where you will be able to try Greek traditional dishes.
- Return to Athens after lunch where you arrive around 15h30.